‘Tis the season of the office Christmas party, or the family gift exchange. Either way, it’s likely that you’ll be involved in some kind of White Elephant Gift exchange this year. The gift should be gender neutral and inexpensive. I’ve compiled a list of ideas, to help you select a gift!
1. Wine-Related Gifts. There are many items at Target, but if you still have time some- the Corksicle is super cute! It keeps the wine chilled to the ‘correct’ temperature, and doubles as a bottle stopper. You could also do decorative bottle stoppers, a nice electric bottle opener, a pretty pair of wine glasses, or an aerator.
3. Edibles. No, not underwear. Chocolate, cookies or any other holiday goodies! I’d recommend ‘buying local’- for extra points. I know that a pound of See’s candy would make just about anyone in my office happy! Or try a local bakery, and support small businesses.
4. Popcorn and Movie Tickets. Last year, someone brought a gift card for two movie tickets and chocolate drizzled popcorn - and it was a hit. It is essentially a free date night!
6. Stationary. This is primarily a female gift, but Thank you cards or nice note cards are always handy to have. I love Papyrus for this type of gift.
7. Gag gifts. I’m terrible at these, and they give me anxiety. But if you are the type of person who could pull it off- this blog has a great list!
8. Board game. Who doesn’t love board games?! You can get these for under $20 at Target or Walmart.
10. USB Plug In Desktop Items. This seems to be a new trend. Our Executive Assistant has this one, from Target. Just Google it, there are so many options!
And lastly, you can always go with a bottle of alcohol (or wine). It’s not very creative, but that always works. I hope I’ve given you some decent ideas. Are you going to a gift exchange this year?